I try to read posts in my RSS reader twice a week at most. I let them all build up, and then spend a few hours going through them all at once. I started doing this because I felt like the RSS reader was taking up a lot of my time each day. It’s so easy to go from your email to the reader and start reading a continuous influx of new articles.
Anyways, there are a few sites that I check almost every day because they don’t require tons of reading and I can go through them very quickly. The content on these sites is both light and entertaining. Here are five that I subscribe to:
- Garfield minus Garfield – Ingenious premise for a comic.
- Criggo – Ridiculous clippings from newspapers.
- PostSecret – They put up one long post each weekend, but it’s fun and quick to read.
- The Impulsive Buy – I usually just read this guy’s notes at the bottom, but his full reviews are pretty damn funny.
- TheDieLine – One of my new favorite design sites. They post pictures of really cool conceptual packaging designs (primarily for food products).
What low time-commitment sites do you subscribe to?